Monday, October 12, 2009

Tonsils! and Comments

Well, it's been crazy for me lately...I've just barely been able to keep up with homework, (okay, well, I'm still struggling on that front) but things are finally starting to settle down a little. Two things happened to cause this difficulty for me. First, I was the sole caretaker of my fiance who underwent surgery last week, and I SEVERELY underestimated how hard it is to be a full-time nurse and keep up in school. If you, god forbid, ever have to get your tonsils out as an adult, let me just give you a couple words of advice. First, getting your tonsils out as an adult is NOT like getting them out as a kid. It's extremely painful, and a long recovery. Something about the nerve endings growing in deeper. Anyways, be prepared for the pain. (My fiance also got intranasal reconstruction, but the pain from his throat pretty much eclipsed the pain of his nose) Secondly, make sure you have someone around to take care of you 24/7. You will be coughing up all sorts of disgusting fluids and just hope that you've got someone around who doesn't mind cleaning up all of that, (or doing fifty loads of laundry composed of grody sheets and towels). Thirdly, your best weapon is WATER. Drink it constantly. It will hurt to drink it, but it is the fastest way to get better...drink a gallon a day if you can. Fourth, DO NOT MISS YOUR MEDICATION. Even if you feel better, do not skip a dose of your pain meds. I guarantee that you will feel the pain tenfold only a few minutes after you miss that dose. And finally, get a humidifier, and make your bedroom into a RAINFOREST. Keeping your throat from drying out is all-important, and the humidifier we bought was a lifesaver.

Through all of this, I learned one more important thing. You know you are ready to spend the rest of your life with someone when you are willingly cleaning out their spit-dish full of mucous and blood every hour. Especially when you are a bit of a germ-phobe, like me. My hands have been scrubbed raw with soap and hot water, (I almost went with bleach, but then I realized that would be crazy....right?) but I stuck it out, and that, my friends, is true love.

So, I know I missed our last class session, so I don't know whether we all agreed to discuss each other's blogs in person during class or if we still are supposed to leave comments. I know I'm a little late on this, but I went around and left comments on quite a few of your pages, whether it was your ENG 117 page, or your project page. Don't be offended if we decided to discuss comments in class, because I still don't know if a decision was made there. Either way, I LOVE comments on my stuff, because it helps me write better, so even if we did decide to discuss stuff in class, I want everyone to know that I will still comment when I am inspired to by something you write, and that I also welcome comments on either this blog or hellozombie.net.

I know that I said two things caused my crazy tardiness on work, but I'll put the second thing in another post, since this one ran a little long.

No comments:

Post a Comment