Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The scariest thing about Halloween this year...

is the FLU. I've got it. Went to the doctor today, and I'm not to have any contact with the public until Friday. How awesome is that? (Spoiler alert, it's not awesome. It's a helluva lot of NOT AWESOME). What is usually my favorite time of the year has been reduced to bouts of semi-consciousness in between long hours as a coughing, moaning, snotty mess. All of my plans for my blog (haunted house reviews, Rocky Horror Picture Show at CMU, candy reviews, movie reviews) have been completely sidelined, as I'm barely able to complete any work in any of my classes. This is the last thing I need, as I'm still catching up from the time I took off to take care of my fiance when he was recovering from surgery. I started antibiotics today, so I've got my fingers crossed that Halloween itself might still be awesome. Even if I am not well enough to leave the house, I will dress up in my Max from Where the Wild Things Are costume and celebrate on my own. (Actually, I will make any excuse to wear fuzzy feety pajamas. I may just never get out of my Max costume...) In the meantime, I will still work on catching up on my entries here and at least put a few new things up on my blog related to the greatest holiday of the year, even though I am saddened that my big plans threw up (wakka wakka!) in my face. On a lighter note, here is a video of French comedian Remi Gaillard dressed up as a giant bat and scaring the poo out of people. It's not as good as his famous Kangaroo video, but it's appropriately spooky!

1 comment:

  1. This should give you more time for your bounty o' blogs! Keep writing! And the good news is at least the doc didn't tell you no contact until Sunday - after Halloween! Get better and enjoy your down time.

    ReplyDelete