Monday, October 12, 2009

Another Update...

Well, my blog is off to a great start!! It's really helpful that I've been saving up TONS of information to post, so I am basically just sifting through all of the stuff I've been sitting on for months now, and posting things that are relevant. I am focusing on a lot of Halloween/horror related stuff right now, but that's because it's HALLOWEENTOBER! After October, I usually am burnt out on horror stuff, and plan to focus on film reviews (no more horror for a while) as well as science/geek news. I have some big projects planned for the site this October:
1. Instead of reviewing all of my favorite horror movies separately, which would take millions of hours, I've decided to create a list similar to Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments. Over the rest of October I will do postings of my own personal scariest movie moments (still compiling the list, almost up to fifty so it might not be 100) and in those postings do "mini-reviews" of the movies themselves. Still trying to decide if it should be "scariest" movie moments, as not all of my moments are outright scary, some, like ones that take place in Shaun of the Dead are just awesome, not particularly scary.
2. I will be doing a photoblog of a Halloween Candy Review, in which I, and possibly a friend, will eat copious amounts of strange Halloween Candy ("strange" meaning the specialty stuff, like, "Jelly Brains" you see in the stores) wearing costumes, and taking what I hope will be humorous pictures of our progress.
3. I will be visiting the largest haunted house in the world, as verified by the Guinness Book of World Records, "Erebus" in Pontiac, MI. I have wanted to go here for years and FINALLY I"m going, (in place of Cedar Point's Halloweekends, which is usually my Halloween tradition, but thanks to a lack of funds, is not doable this year). I will be posting an extensive article about Erebus and the thrills and chills that lie inside. I may also be visiting a few other haunted houses around Michigan and will post reviews of those.

These are just a few of the "special" postings I plan on doing. I will continue to daily update my blog with geeky news from all over the web as well. If anyone has any suggestions for cool things to do or review, PLEASE don't hesitate to comment!!

2 comments:

  1. The "special" postings you have planned seem amazing. October is totally horror film overload, but I love that! And thank you for the comment on my horror blog entry, I am really going to expand on more than horror films because horror novels are not discussed as often. And I love horror, I really do! =]

    I have heard of Rue Morgue, but I have yet to read any of their issues so I may have to hit you up for some back issues... And about Fangoria, their reviews haven't been the most accurate but I still consider it a good magazine... even though I question the Twilight cover as much as any hardcore horror fan. Twilight is not horror to me at all! But that is my opinion... And I still think an internship with Fangoria would be amazing, whatever I would be doing (I may work with the radio station depending on what is available for the spring).

    And I would definitely be interested in hearing about "Erebus" in Pontiac. I have never gone to a large-scale haunted house before, and I really need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question (Totally heard myself saying it in a Dwight voice like Jim when he stole Dwight's identity at the office)! Does Rue Morgue sell their back issues on their website? ... I should just check it out myself, but it doesn't hurt to ask. =]

    ReplyDelete